Office No: 103, Arts Faculty Building, University of Delhi, South Campus
Preferred Contact hours: South Campus, By Appointment
North Campus: By appointment
E: mail: email@example.com
PhD (Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar, Uttarakhand, 2011)
MA (English: Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar, Uttarakhand, 2008)
BA (English Hons.: Bhupendra Narayan Mandal University, Madhepura, Bihar 2006)
My field of interests includes Indian Novels in English, Indian and World Mythology and Linguistics. As a research scholar I have worked on Sri Aurobindo’s Savitri. The thesis emphasizes on the mythical interpretations in Savitri and their allegorical impact. Here I focus on revealing Savitri as a classic combination of vibrating poetry and self-realized spirituality. I have also worked with and published on the area of Indian Novel in English with a special focus on women novelists in the Indian Subcontinent.
Areas of Interest/ Research:
Indian English Novels, New Literatures in English, Language and Linguistics
Language and Linguistics, Ancient Greek and Latin Literature in Translation, Twentieth Century Novel.
- Living Strategy in Manju Kapur’s Difficult Daughters and Namita Gokhale’s Gods, Graves and Grandmother: A Comparative Study, Nirmal Publications, Delhi, 2012. ISBN: 978-81-86400-203-6.
- Mythical Interpretations in Sri Aurobindo’s Savitri, Nirmal Publications, Delhi, 2012. ISBN: 978-8186400-204-4.
- Savitri as a Poetic Version of The Life Divine published in “Magadhi: P.G. Department Interdisciplinary Research Magazine, Magadh University, Bodhagaya ”, Volume. 10, ISSN: 2319-3743. Dec. 2013.
- Religion, Voilence and Politics in Tehmina Durrani’s Blasphemy; published in “The Interiors”(ed. Dr. Neeraj Kumar), ISSN: 2319-4804
- Radical Feminism in Bapsi Sidhwa’s Pakistani Bride; published in Readings (ed. Dr. Rizwan Khan), ISSN: 2277-8039
- Living Strategy in Manju Kapur’s Difficult Daughters; published in “Explorer” (ed. Dr. R.A. Singh) vol: XXXIX Summer-2012, ISSN: 09474-6757
- Exploring Middle Classes in the novels of Manju Kapur; published in The Indian Novels in English (ed. Dr. P.K. Singh), ISBN: 978-93-82532-24-8